Photogs Get Hungry, Too!: Feeding Your Photographer
- A wedding typically lasts 10 to 12 hours. If they're taking ready shots and are there all day, they try to eat a big breakfast before they get there, but that only lasts so long. They are often running around like crazy all day trying to cover the whole wedding, and don’t have time to snack or take a break. They’ve literally been known to run to the bathroom to cram down a sandwich or pretzels that they packed in three minutes and then get back to it.
- All that said, it is important that they get a small break to eat during the day. This is preferably done during the reception when everyone else is eating, which works out because nobody wants to have photos of themselves eating, anyway.
- they do prefer if you provide a meal for us so they don’t have to leave and find a local food place, or worry about spoiled food that’s been sitting in the car all day.
- Although it can be what everyone else is eating, they don’t have to have a plated meal as long as something is provided. Many venues offer vendor meals that you can get for them, so inquire about that when you have the chance.
- Finally, it is important to feed your photographer because it is hard to stay creative on an empty stomach. Think about if you didn’t get a lunch break at work – it makes it hard to focus the rest of the day because you’re so hungry. You also don’t want them passing out during your reception. Thanks for reading my blog!!!
ALL IMAGES TAKEN BY: VINE + VOW INTIMATE PORTRAITS
CAKE BY: JORDANS FLOUR BOX